Claire Bates shares the latest news from the Supported Loving Network.
A lot of exciting things have happened in the past few months, here’s a flavour:
- In October we held our third sold out Supported Loving Network Meeting in London – read about it here.
- CQC has added Lancashire Friends and Relationships Group and Chair of the U-Night Group questions on sex and relationships, as supplementary questions that can be asked during CQC inspections.
- We were featured on the LD Today blog on Internet Dating for People with Learning Disabilities.
- We launched an online survey about partners being able to sleep over, but we have not had many responses – could you or someone you know take part?
- We were in Community Living Magazine discussing good staff support.
- Supported Loving Member Hayley from Love4Life (Fitzroy) was in The Mirror.
- Unite/Meet N Match Group were on TV.
And, Supported Loving member Gill Leno spoke at a TEDx event in Birmingham, take a look (go to 5h 34mins):
What is happening now
We have launched a podcast! Please have a listen and please share widely on Twitter and within your organisations as not everyone can come to the network.
What is happening soon
Our next network is being sponsored by Hft and we have a nice venue in Leicester on 24 January, that can take up to 50 people.
And, Gill Leno, Sui Ling and I will be running a workshop at the Learning Disability England conference on 5th December in Birmingham. If you are attending come over and say Hi.