Milena Johnová is the coordinator for Citizen Network Czech Republic.
Milena has almost 25 years of experience in different community services, in the Czech Republic. In the first half of the nineties, she participated in the first Czech project of personal assistance and within non-governmental organization RYTMUS, she initiated the first project of supported employment.
Within the Ministry of Welfare and Social Issues, Milena led the project for the development of quality standards and inspection in the field of social services. After leaving the Ministry in 2003, Milena co-founded non-governmental organization Quip where she works now as the director.
Milena will be involved in Citizen Network through Quip, which strives to implement innovative forms of support for people with disabilities through field-testing of new approaches, generalization of experiences followed by training of professionals in the social field and influencing policy and legislative processes.
telephone: +420 605 121 350
Our focus for 2019
- Forming a Czech network of organizations and individuals who recognize the crucial value of citizenship for all
- Initiating a public debate on the importance of legal capacity for citizenship
- Regular involvement of people who have personal experience with denial of the right to independent living and decision-making about their own lives into campaigning for change of attitudes to people with disabilities
What we can share
- Experiences with implementation of article 12 “Equal recognition before the law” of Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and supported decision-making
- Experiences with providing support to people who desire to leave institutions and live their own lives
- Illustrations of failures in projects of deinstitutionalization in the Czech Republic
Connect with us
Help us if you have experiences with changing of attitudes of the public including politicians and public servants and with building alliances.
Our Strategic Partner(s)
Karlínské nám. 12
186 00 Prague 8