Debra Metcalfe is the coordinator for Citizen Network New Zealand.
Debra has an extensive background of not-for-profit administration within New Zealand and is passionate about supporting collaboration and innovation.
Manawanui is the pioneer and leading facilitator of self-directed services in New Zealand. We have been helping people take charge of their government funding and support for over 12 years. As a not-for-profit NGO, Manawanui works with government agencies, District Health Boards, disability providers, disabled people and their families to foster a support environment that is designed and governed by the person.
Our focus for 2019
- Increasing awareness of self-directed funding options
- Increasing the flexibility of Individualised Funding
- Expanding Individualised Funding into other sectors such as hospitals, primary care, mental health and aged care
What we can share
- 12 years experience and learnings of supporting Individualised Funding options – we have 3,500 people using Individualised Funding
- Our research on cost effectiveness of individualised service provision versus traditional service provision and how individualised approaches transform lives
- How to be true to the philosophy of self-direction
- Access to key note NZ and international presentations from our conferences
- Learnings from how to work effectively with government organisations and funders
Connect with us
You can connect with us via:
Youtube – real life stories, conference presentations, playlists: www.youtube.com/user/manawanuiincharge
LinkedIn: Manawanui InCharge
Our Strategic Partners
Imagine Better – ImagineBetter works towards a world where all disabled people live the lives they want, with the support they choose, in welcoming communities where they are valued.
ILS – ILS is a not-for-profit, community focused organisation committed to making daily living easier for people with impairments, their families/whanau and support networks.
Life Unlimited – Life Unlimited is a charitable trust offereing health and disability services, advice and equipment so you can live the life you choose
Ripple trust – Supporting disabled people, providing disability awareness training and providing advice to government on disability issues
Other Partnerships and Groups we work with:
CarersNZ, Careerforce, Te Pou, Disability Caucus, NZDSN, NZFDIC etc